What Does Dave Bring To The Stage?
After reaching major success in the auto industry, Dave’s picture of success began to look a bit different.
“Grow to give. Give to grow,” is now his philosophy. Dave ‘pays it forward’ by sharing his story as a motivational business speaker. He also gives back to a cause close to his heart—childhood cancer treatment and research.
One-hundred percent of fees from his speaking engagements, and a portion of all transactions from his business, go to childhood cancer charities.
So when Dave takes the stage, his audiences witness an active fulfillment of purpose. Professionally, he’s in a place that most everybody aspires to reach, and he speaks candidly—sharing the full range of trials and successes—as he tells the story of how he got there.
Dave speaks from personal experience as:
- A dedicated champion of pediatric cancer, Dave has raised millions for leukemia foundations around the country.
- A fighter, a survivor. In 2011, Dave was diagnosed with Leukemia. He told his doctors, “Ninety percent of the cure is going to be my attitude and the other ten percent will be your medicine. I have my ninety percent, so you better have your ten!” After 5 years of chemotherapy, Dave was deemed cancer free.
- Wholly devoted. Dave has been a board member for several foundations, including Hope & Heroes, Columbia University Medical Center, Project Ladybug, and Hyundai Hope on Wheels, where he served as the Vice Chairman.
- From the bottom up. Dave self-motivated and built a career from the bottom up. Starting out in the automotive business in entry level positions, Dave worked his way up to being a partner in the most successful single point Hyundai dealership in the world.
- Reaching higher. Dave didn’t stop there. He sold his stake in his Hyundai dealership and started his own company. Today, he’s the CEO of one of the largest and most successful automotive M&A firms in the nation. In 2017, Dave closed the second largest auto buy/sell in U.S. history, second only to Warren Buffett.
- Recognized. In 2014 Dave was recognized as a Fortune “40 under 40” for his commitment to business and community growth. Also in 2014, founding member of KISS and Rock & Roll Hall of Famer, Peter Criss, presented Dave with the Man of Courage Award for Philanthropy, sponsored by the Beauty Foundation.
A Media Contributor
- Quoted and contributed. As a motivational speaker and award-winning executive, Dave is regularly quoted and engaged as a media contributor. He’s been featured in Forbes, CBT Magazine, and other international media outlets.
- Sought-after host. Dave was engaged by Dealer News Today to be the host of their popular podcast series. Dave regularly consults with other motivational speakers, executives, and influencers.
Book A Speaking Engagement with Dave Cantin and Get Inspired
Discover why Dave Cantin is a sought-after speaker and sales coach. Learn about his unique approach, proven track record, and passion for helping others! Contact us today to learn more.